Friday, October 3, 2008

...rest...

Something has just occurred to me as I returned home after teaching my first period class and then rushing to speak to a group of women at the United Methodist church here in town...I sat down on the couch and realized that I have NOTHING pressing on the schedule for the next 48 hours! Outside of a small presentation (that won't require much prep) Sunday afternoon at the Nazarene church, I AM FREE!

So what shall I do with my time? ...well, I did call a friend who is struggling physically (she goes back to the Dr. on Tuesday and they have mentioned the "C" word: chemo) and she has just found that her daughter - who has very thick hair - has head lice. So I'll spend a few hours "nit-picking" tomorrow for my precious friend who has helped me out in many pinches...make a few phone calls to some people that I have been meaning to get back to and check up on how they are doing...and probably attend the HomeBuilders hayride at Russ and Courtney's folks' house...and tonight I might even finish that movie that I've been working on for the past few weeks ( I just can't seem to stay awake long enough to finish!!!)

I don't even have to prepare for Sunday School!!!

Just some time to spend with the family...

"Thank you, Lord, for these occasional breaks in the schedule! You know when I need them!"

6 comments:

  1. Those rare evenings with nothing pressing are as much more valuable than any buried treasure!!! They are few and far between. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some odd reason i want root beer. can pick some up???????????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Root Beer??? LOL...so much for resting...but then again, we could make floats and sit out on the porch. Not a bad idea, Elisabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...so I didn't get to finish the movie. We went and got Elisabeth's root beer and then the girls wanted to watch The Waltons...so we did that instead. A fun relaxing evening...just us girls. S and E went camping while the weather is nice and V is with his adoptive family for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy head lice. Now all I can think of is the first few hours of camp. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous!! I want a rest, too!! :) I'll get mine next week when we go on a much needed vacation!! Enjoying your blogs, my friend...

    ReplyDelete