Friday, November 21, 2008

One of those forwarded quizzes...Tis the Season!

I got this from my friend, Wanda, to fill out. I almost never do these things because they usually promise me that if I will do it that I will meet my true love by Friday and if I don't I will die a horrible death by next Tuesday. (really...no joke..."we knew this boy in Indiana who didn't forward it and was found under his bed killed by a clown doll"...whatever.) But I figured this would be a good way to begin the holiday season...so here is "the forward quiz"

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that
you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that
sent it to you......Tis the Season!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
It depends on what people gave me last year…I re-use the bags. “El-cheapo”


2. Real tree or Artificial?
I like the smell of the real tree but the convenience of the artificial…so I put up the artificial and light a candle.


3. When do you put up the tree?
The day after Thanksgiving…major big tradition…then we eat Taco Soup on the Christmas china.

4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Epiphany

5. Do you like eggnog? I cannot convince myself to drink something with raw eggs…sorry.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A Baby Alive…but I put milk in her bottle and when she drank it soured inside and she smelled really bad…but I still loved her.


7. Hardest person to buy for?
What’s hard to buy…give everyone a book!

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Me

9.Do you have a nativity scene? Have several…my favorite one is a toy set that we got when the kids were little…Erik chewed off one of the shepherd’s feet but it’s still a treasure

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Gasp…do people EMAIL Christmas cards? I do those wonderfully impersonal letters…but I try to write something on the bottom of each.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
2 shirts that were the same…I tried to give one to a girl in the neighborhood when her house burned down but my step-mother told me that was an “ungrateful thing to do” (give away a gift) so she took it away. I found it in her closet (still had the tags) when she died 22 years later. Amazing!

12.Christmas Movie? It’s A Wonderful Life (Christmas Story is a close runner-up…I love the part where Ralphie goes to see Santa)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Christmas when all the stuff is on clearance


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Ummm…yes…but please don’t tell my step-mother when you get to Heaven.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
The fancy chocolates that I get every year…I make them last at least until March

16. Lights: Clear or Multicolored? I like the kind that work the first time you put them up

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Hmmm…I LOVE Christmas music…this is a toughie…Probably “Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne”

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I like to be home at Christmas…I think it comes from being a child of divorce and being in the middle of custody arrangements at the holidays…I like knowing that I can just stay home if I want to. SO THERE!


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
I just tried and couldn’t…Have you heard the great classic carol “Leroy, the Redneck Reindeer”? It’s wonderful…right up there with “Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne.”

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A big shimmery bow with long ribbons

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Both; we open a few Christmas Eve and then play with them and then finish up on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People corrupting other people’s children by sending them Christmas music BEFORE Thanksgiving (you know who you are!!!)

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Angels…and the homemade ones my kids make


24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Slow-cooked brisket, cheesy potatoes, sweet potato pie, cranberry salad (with strawberries because the cranberries are too strong)


25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
To enjoy my family for the remaining years that I have them


Ruthie o

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these kinds of quizzes! We have the same tradition for putting up the tree. It goes up the day after Thanksgiving. For years, when the kids were younger, they really got into it. It slowly built up to me having to make cookies and hot chocolate for afterwards. Somehow, as they've gotten older, they're not as interested in decorating the tree as they are in wanting it to be up and done so they can have cookies and hot chocolate! lol

    ReplyDelete