Wednesday, July 7, 2010

From My Morning Devotions...

Lord, my love is frost and cold, ice and snow;
Let Your love warm me,
lighten my burden,
be my haven of rest;

May that Love be more revealed to me in all its influences
that my love for You may be more fervent and glowing;
Let the crashing tide of Your everlasting love
cover the rocks of my sin and care;

Then let my spirit soar above those things
which else had wrecked my life.

Make me fruitful by living to that love,
my character becoming more beautiful every day.
If traces of Christ's love-artistry be upon me,
may He work on with His divine brush
until the complete image be obtained
and I be made a perfect copy of Him, my Teacher and Guide.

Lord Jesus, come to me
Divine Spirit, rest on me
Holy Father, look on me in mercy and make me like Your Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment